Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wait, what? I'm on lap 13?!?! Are you serious?!

So my biggest challenge so far has been skating laps around the track. To pass assessments and be bout eligible, you have a list of skills you need to pass. The techniques, while hard, are doable. I can work on those easy. It's the damn 25 laps in 5 min. Well, last practice, I came one step closer to getting that. I actually completed 25 laps. I've been avoiding this task because I thought I couldn't do it. But they insisted I try and one of the vets skated with me. She was counting my laps and she said "you're on lap 13!" Holy crap! I couldn't believe it. My derby sisters cheered me on till I finished and it felt amazing to finally be able to do that. I did it again at this last practice and they timed me. 10:05. Definitely need to work on it, but now I have a baseline to work from and I'm super excited about it. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
May 1st 2012 Time Trials
Once I get my crossovers down too, I'll shave some minutes off that I'm sure. Any vets out there have any pointers to help bring my time down? Or to do crossovers, lol. I'm a big thighed gal and I feel like I really got swing my leg out there.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!Just stick with it. Start with 4laps in 1 min and build up. Our team starts at Maggot then to Meat then Roller Girl. This week we had a Maggot to Meat test and I didn't even test due to the fact I didn't feel focused. Then I kind-of pitched a fit when other girls passed and I was left behind for not trying.
    Cross-overs are hard if you have never done them before. I still think I am doing them wrong, but when I don't "try" to do them I nail it. Glad you are blogging it! I am too chicken to.

    CherryRolla~ RRR

    ReplyDelete